Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wolf Camp



McKy, Katie. Wolf Camp. Tanglewood Press. 2009. ISBN: 9781933718217.


A girl named Maddie asks her mom if she can go to camp: wolf camp. When she got back she acted strange. She only ate meat, she scratched her head with her foot, and growled at the dog! Is Maddie turning into a wolf?! The artwork was pretty good. I think the expression was very accurate. The way the illustrator made Maddie look with the torn jeans, stuff in her hair, and other things like that helped me to imagine Maddie really acting the way she did. It was a very good book. I really loved it. My favorite part was when she was playing tug-o-war with the dog. It was a cute book. I recommend this to children ages 4+ and children who like animals.

R.C., Homeschooled Group, 5-6 grade

No comments: