Saturday, May 01, 2010

The Banshee


Bunting, Eve. The Banshee. Clarion Books. 2009. ISBN: 9780618821624.

My book is about a boy who talks about a ghost and he gives a feather to the banshee but it is all in his head. The illustrations are very good because they have lots of detail to them. There are different shadings to the illustrations. My favorite part is when the young boy tells about his friend Colin who saw the banshee and when Mr. Caffery was very sick. After Colin saw the banshee, Mr. Caffery died. The boy thought the banshee killed him. I would recommend this book to 7-10 year olds because it is kind of scary and they would enjoy the story like I did. It is exciting but sad. I would recommend it to 6 year olds too but the banshee would be over-rated.
M.S., Kenwood School, 3rd Grade

No comments: