Monday, May 03, 2010

Tutus Aren't My Style



Skeers, Linda. Tutus Aren't My Style. Illustrated by Anne Wilsdorf. The Penguin Group. 2010. ISBN: 978-0-8037-3212-4.

The book Tutus Aren't My Style is about when Emma gets a special package from her uncle and finds out it's a ballerina costume. Is she up to the challange to be a ballerina? Or will she crash and tumble through disaster? I think this is a really good book and tells you that you can make your own rules if other people tell you different. I enjoyed the creativeness in how the author thought of ways to show how Emma and her friends think of ways for her to become a ballerina. I would recommend this book to younger girl readers because girls will be able to understand why Emma would be having trouble being a ballerina and how she feels when she can make up her own rules for being a ballerina.

A.F., St. Pius. X School, 7th grade

No comments: