Monday, June 23, 2014

43 Old Cemetery Road: Book Five- Hollywood, Dead Ahead

Hollywood, Dead Ahead
By Kate Klise
Boston: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2013

This story is about a trio leaving Ghastly for Hollywood in California for an opportunity at stardom. Once these three get there, they realize how quickly the big world changes them. One person, Olive, has been kicked out of a script. So Olive comes up with a way to scare the director badly! The author's writing style is suspenseful and compelling. She did a wonderful job making me want to read more. The suspenseful way she left things, just made me want to read more! The illustrations were actually awesome! It was like I was reading and looking at a newspaper at times. This book had a unique layout which I had never seen before. I even loved the text font! I really enjoyed this book and did not experience any boredom while reading it. I wanted to flip to the next page quickly to see what would happen next. I recommend this book to any student, grades 5 through 7 who are interested in anything! Every student will love to get their hands on this book, particularly theater students!

Reviewed by Billy Fial



No comments: