Friday, December 13, 2013

May I Please?

Steinkraus, Kyla. May I Please?Vero Beach, FL: Rourke Educational Media, 2013.

This story is about teaching children about using manners.  It talks about saying please and thank you and how it makes us feel when others are kind to us.

The author uses kid friendly words and situations.  The situations used are life like and students can relate to them.

the illustrations are all real photographs of children in certain settings.  I think these images fit this particular type of story nicely as a real life connection for children.

I would recommend this book to children, especially if a child needs to use a social story for a particular situation.  I would use this for children from kindergarten to about third or forth grade.  I do not believe this would have to go along with a particular interests because it is important for all children to learn manners.

Reviewer: MNN

No comments: