Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Funny Farm



Teague, Mark. Funny Farm. Scholastic. 2009. ISBN:9780439914994
The book Funny Farm is about a dog named Edward that comes to Hawthorne farm to visit his aunt, uncle, and cousin. It is Edward's first time at Hawthorne. He tries to help on the farm but does not do the work right all the time. The illustrations made using oil paints. I think that oil paints look cool with all of the words. The book Funny Farm has some really cool illustrations. My favorite part in the book is where the cows are playing dodge ball, the pigs are playing with the tire swing hanging from the tree, and the chickens, hens, and turkeys are playing outside by the barn. I would recommend Funny Farm to little kids who like to laugh. To me as a third grader, I did not think this book would be funny for my age group but I think it would be funny for little kids.

S.G., Kenwood School, 3rd grade






No comments: