Thursday, November 05, 2009

Hoaxed! Fakes and Mistakes in the World of Science



Editors of YES Magazine. Hoaxed! Fakes and Mistakes in the World of Science. Illustrated by Howie Woo. Kids Can Press: 2009. ISBN: 9781554532063.

This nonfiction book is about scientists trying to pull 'fast ones' on the public and the media. This immensily interesting book goes from the world of Big Foot to the world of Alien crop circles, and the Loch Ness Monster. The artwork in this book is cartoons, but it also shows several actual photographs. All different types of science come together in Hoaxed! I personally did not enjoy this book. The facts themselves intrigued me, but science just isn't my cup of tea. Some topics, for instance, Big Foot, kept me on the edge of my seat, while other topics, like Piltdown Man, I did not take a particular liking to. I would recommend this book for people who enjoy reading about science. It is a book all about facts, so I would recommend it for children above the age of 10, just for the type of content in it.

K.J., 7th Grade, Eastwood Middle School

No comments: