Thursday, November 05, 2009

A Curious Collection of Cats



Franco, Betsy. A Curious Collection of Cats. Illustrated by Michael Wertz. Tricycle Press: 2009. ISBN: 9781582462486.

This is a wonderful collection of fictional poems that I just had to read again and again! The illustrations are very intriguing and the bright colors certainly capture how fun and playful the poems are! This book perfectly describes the adorable (and not so adorable) habits of cats. It is just the cutest book. Both the words and the illustrations were intriguing, and the cats are so adorable. My two favorite poems were "Veronica Goes Wide" and "Princess" because they remind me of my fat, prissy cat.
I recommend this book for young readers, ages 6 to 12 but this book is also good for cat lovers of all ages!

K.H., 7th Grade, Eastwood Middle School

No comments: