Thursday, November 12, 2009

Adventure Annie Goes to Work

Buzzeo, Toni. Adventure Annie Goes to Work. Illustrated by Amy Wummer. Dial Books: 2009. ISBN: 9780803732339.

This book is about a little girl who uses her imagination to be an adventurer named Annie. When it is time for her to go on an adventure her mom has to go to her work to find her essay. In this book there is a colorful little girl that likes to use her imagination. Her mom is like any other parents and tries to keep up with Annie's imagination. With this book there were parts I liked and parts I didn't, because there are a lot of books about little kids dressing up and being imaginary adventurers. This book didn't really stand out from other books. I liked this book because I like to hear about little kids and their imaginations. I think I would have liked it better if it was funny. I liked how the drawing looked like they were taken from real offices and rooms. I would recommend this book to preschoolers through first grade for story time, because it is easy and in a little kid's mind it would be exciting.

R.P. 7th Grade. Eastwood Middle School.

No comments: