Thursday, November 05, 2009

Boy Dumplings

Compestine, Ying Chang. Boy Dumplings. Illustrated by James Yamaski. Holiday House: 2009. ISBN: 9780823419555.

Boy Dumplings by Ying Chang Compestine is a very weird and interesting book. The artwork is amazing, There is so much detail in the pictures. Water colors must have been very hard for these pictures with so many details. The ghost was a very scary character. When he almost chopped up the boy after he was soaked in vegetables he took a nap. There were many exciting and scary parts in this book. I didn't like this book at all. There was a lot of detail, but I thought it wasn't very fun or funny. There was one page that jumped out to me, which was the last page. I would recommend this book to children in grades first through third, because it was an easy read for me.

L.R. 7th Grade.Eastwood Middle School.

No comments: