Thursday, October 22, 2009

Tsumani!


Kajikawa, Kimiko. Tsunami!. Philomel Books: 2009. ISBN:9780399250064.

Tsunami! by Kimiko Kajikawa is a fiction book about an old man named Ojiisan who is the oldest and wealthiest person in the village. As Ojiison watches the rice ceremony he feels something coming, but he cannot describe it. Then he sees it, the huge wave, Tsunami. Ojiison only has so much time to warn the villagers, and he needs to, fast. The picutres in the book were very bright, but they didn't really show what the text was about.I did like this book, because of the art. I liked this art, because the colors made me feel warm. I would recommend this to eight to thirteen year-olds. I would recommend this to that age group, because of the vibrant language.

L.F.,7th grade, Eastwood Middle School.

No comments: