Wednesday, October 07, 2009

The King Who Barked

Jones, Charlotte Foltz. The King Who Barked. Holiday House: 2009. ISBN: 9780823419258.

The King Who Barked is about real animals who ruled. Just imagine a monkey, cat, or even a donkey being the president. That would be so weird, but that is what happened back then. The artwork was created in acrylics on canvas. It is very cartoony and colorful and went well with the text. I thought this book was interesting. It was cool, because I learned that animals could really rule. My favorite page was Monkey Business, because it is funny. It has a whole bunch of banana's in the picture and a monkey was running for mayor. I recommend this book to a young audience. I think they will enjoy this book and they might get a little giggle out of it.

H.M. 7th grade. Eastwood Middle School.

No comments: