Thursday, October 22, 2009

Keep On!


Hopkinson, Debrah. Keep On!. Peachtree Publishing: 2009. ISBN: 9781561454737.

Keep On! is a nonfiction story about Matthew Henson the co-discoverer of the North Pole. The art and illustrations are very realistic with the small white paint dots as snowflakes. The story talks about Matthew Henson wanting to explore places he never has seen before. Captain Childs was Matthew's teacher for a lot of years. After Captain Child's died Matthew wanted to go to the North Pole. My opinion about this book is that it is amazing. My favorite part was when Matthew was in the icy cold water. I though he wouldn't come out with all the movies I have seen. I would recommend this book to fourth and fifth graders, because it would inform them about the co-discoverer of the North Pole.

J.H., 7th grade, Eastwood Middle School

No comments: