Friday, June 08, 2007

Theodore

Keating, Frank. Theodore. Illustrated by Mike Wimmer. Simon and Schuster: 2006. Ages 9 to 15.


My story is the life of Theodore Roosevelt. It starts with his birth and ends with his death. It has informational pages that are packed full of events throughout his life, even when Mount Rushmore was built. His thoughts, beliefs, and even dreams are mentioned in this book. I think anyone would enjoy it because it is informational and entertaining! This book has paintings. The paintings go right along with the words on the page. These spectacular paintings are beautifully done and very understandable. My favorite picture is when he is a young kid reading in bed with the war going on in the background. That picture is very interesting! I loved this book. I usually do not like any kind of biography/informational books, but this one was amazing! I would recommend it for ages 9 to 15 and anyone who loves spectacular and entertaining books, while learning new facts! I really enjoyed reading this book!


Reviewed by D. F., 5th grade, Hilfiker Elementary.

No comments: