Monday, June 11, 2007

Children of Alcatraz : Growing Up on the Rock

Murphy, Claire Rudolf. Children of Alcatraz: Growing Up on the Rock. Walker & Co: 2006. Ages 11 to 36.


Alcatraz is an island that is on the coast of California. This book is about the children of the people that worked on Alcatraz. The book describes what the children would do to have fun on the island. There were many photos that really captured my eye. I like how the author put the photos where they were described in the reading. I loved the photo of the whole island. I really think that this was an amazing book. I never knew about Alcatraz until I read this book. I really recommend it to older kids because I think it would interest them. This book really made me understand Alcatraz. You should write more books like this!


Reviewed by H. L., 5th grade, Hilfiker Elementary.

No comments: