Wednesday, June 06, 2007

No Room for Napoleon

Meserve, Adria. No Room for Napoleon. Illustrated by author. Farrar Straus Giroux: 2006. ages 6 to 11.


The story is about friendship and how you should not make your friends do things just because you tell them to. In the story, Napoleon does that to his new friends. Towards the end, Napoleon's friends go to a new island. Napoleon goes over there with his friends they do not let him on the island. So, that is why you do not want to boss your friends around. You will have no room on the island for them and they will do it to you. The art is amazing. I like how the art is colorful and bright. It really goes with the story. My opinion on this book is great. I really liked it. It was amazing what kind of things you can do to break a friendship up. Yes, I would recommend this book to other kids. I would recommend it to third graders. I really enjoyed the book.

Reviewed by F. M., 5th grade, Hilfiker Elementary.

No comments: