Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Cruisers: Oh, Snap!

Myers, Walter D. The Cruisers: Oh, Snap! Scholastic Press, 2013.


This book is about a group of students who run a competing newspaper and attempt to find breaking stories. They also find some trouble along the way.

The author writs in an engaging way. I was never bored once while reading. I kept waiting and anticipating what would happen next.

There were no illustrations in the book, but there were excerpts from the newspaper the students wrote. It made you feel like you were there with the characters.

I really enjoyed this book because it kept my attention the whole time! I would recommend this book to my students. I think the book would be best for ages 10 to 14. Students who have interest in journalism or creative writing would enjoy it.

Alden Carney, BGSU Student

No comments: