Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Dee Dee and Me

Schwartz, Amy. Dee Dee and Me. New York: Holiday House, 2013.

All about a big sister taking everything away from her little sister, apron, toys, food, games, and friends. But by the end of the story the big sister missed not playing with her sister.  So she decided to play nice and fair.

The writing style was good for the age group.  She used common review words that should have been taught already.  She also introduced, new words that are age appropriate to learn.  She was very descriptive while explaining simple objects.

I like how on one side of the page the pictures are very simple and not smashed together.  And on the other side it has a full page of artwork that is very detailed.  However, both sides go really well with the story line.

I like how the book talks about how some siblings act with each other.  I really enjoyed how the story ended, which is not what I was expecting.  I would give this book to a third or fourth grade classroom. Kids 8-10 years old.  I would ask siblings to read it together.

Reviewer: Danielle

No comments: