Monday, March 21, 2011

The Junkyard Wonders

Polacco, Patricia. The Junkyard Wonders. Philomel Books. 2010. ISBN: 9780399250781.

The Junkyard Wonders is about a little girl who wants to stay with her dad for the school year because she got picked on with her mom. After she went to school she found out that she got put in a class with other kids just like her. What I mean about that is that she got put in a special class and it was called the junkyard, because they all had something wrong with them. The art in this book is very nice. The pictures are all perfect for this story. I couldn't think of any better pictures for this book. My opinion for this book is that it is great and I enjoyed reading it. The best part was when she started to feel comfortable with the other children. I think other kids should read this book. Also, I think people of all ages would love this book. I think it is great for everyone.

I.B. 5th Grade, Lagrange Elementary.

No comments: