Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Blast of Gas: the Secrets of Breathing, Burping, and Passing Gas

Stewart, Melissa. Blast of Gas: the Secrets of Breathing, Burping, and Passing Gas. 2010. New York: Marshall Cavendish Benchmark. ISBN: 9780761441557.

This book is about breathing, burping, and passing gas. I liked it because it tells how you make yourself burp. (You are supposed to suck in air down your throat.) I learned from the book what gases are in the air: nitrogen, oxygen, and carbon dioxide. I learned the people can hold their breathe in for a minute. A world record is 15 minutes and 2 seconds. The book had both artwork and photographs. I like the pictures. They are real and neat. It shows a lot of art also. I would recommend this book to ages 5 to 17.


D.M., 4th Grade, Lagrange Elementary

No comments: