Friday, May 15, 2009

Soup for Breakfast



Brown, Calef. Soup for Breakfast. Houghton Mifflin: 2008. ISBN: 9780618916412.



Soup for Breakfastis a book of poetry with different reasons for each poem. For example, the first poem is about a boy who wishes to have bear paws instead of hands to catch fish. The very last poem was "Young Moth." It was very calming. I just loved this book! The art is so nice. The poem "Kittycat" reminds me of a sunrise - the red, orange and yellow colors. For "Young Moth" the colors are cool. The light blue, white and dark blue reminds me about an ocean and being calm. The book was awesome! My favorite part was "Donuts." Seriously, why do grown-ups like donuts? I'll recommend this book to kids who want to write poems when they are older. All kids can read this book. I give it 500+ stars!



A. Grade 4, Madison Avenue School for the Arts

No comments: