Friday, May 15, 2009

Bone Soup



Evans, Cambria. Bone Soup. Houghton Mifflin: 2008. ISBN: 9780618809080.

Bone Soup is a story about Finnigin, a skeleton, who loves to eat bone soup, and is never seen without his eating items - a stool, spoon and his eating mouth! He is looking for the Halloween feast, and he asks a witch. She goes back to her town and tells everybody that "the eater" is coming! I really like the pictures and how the colors all match. I also like how the pictures show where and how they hide their food. I loved this book and how the word "bone" was written in the title. This author is the best! My favorite part was when they put the dried mouse droppings, toenail clippings, bat wings and spider eggs in the soup! I would recommend this book to people from ages 7 to 12 because it's funny. People whose favorite holiday is Halloween would love this book! I give this book a million stars!!

K.D. Grade 4, Madison Avenue School for the Arts

No comments: