Thursday, May 14, 2009

Scurry and Squeak



Tourville, Amanda Doering. Scurry and Squeak. Picture Window Books: 2009. ISBN: 9781404848597.

My story, Scurry and Squeak, is about a young boy who gets a guinea pig, and he makes sure it is taken care of. The boy doesn't ignore his pet guinea pig, he enjoys his new friend! The art in the book is very good because the illustrator made sure there were no smudges or scribblings. I can imagine the pictures are like a big TV in your head. This would be a great book to teach people about how to take care of your guinea pig. My favorite part is when the guinea pig cleans herself! I do recommend this book to other kids who like guinea pigs. I think any age could read this book, and they would love it! I think if the author would read this book review, maybe she could write about a cat and how to take care of a cat. Hope you (the author) write back! I give this book 100+ stars!

K.T. Grade 4, Madison Avenue School for the Arts

1 comment:

Amanda Doering Tourville said...

Hi K.T.!

Thank you for the awesome review of my book. I'm glad you like it. I do have a book about taking care of a cat. It's called Purr and Pounce. Look for it at your local library.

Thanks again, and keep reading!

Amanda Doering Tourville