Friday, May 15, 2009

The Peace Bell



Preus, Margi. The Peace Bell. Henry Holt: 2008. ISBN: 9780805078008.

The name of this book is The Peace Bell. It is a story about a little girl from America who is visiting Japan. The best part of this story is when they celebrate the "peace bell." It takes me back to when I was a young girl. I love the pictures and all of the excitement. They have beautiful flowers and dresses. The people of Japan celebrate the "peace bell" because it helps them have peace. The pictures are wonderful! I like this book because it expresses the feeling the people of Japan have for the "peace bell." My favorite part is when Yuko's grandmother grows up and finds what she missed in her heart. Thank you for making this book. Please make more, it would be wonderful if you would!

E.S. Grade 4, Madison Avenue School for the Arts

No comments: