Friday, April 25, 2008

The Boy Who Was Raised by Librarians





Morris, Carla. The Boy Who Was Raised by Librarians. Illustrated by Brad Sneed. Peachtree Publisher: 2007. ISBN: 9781561453917.

In this fictional story there is a boy named Melvin who was raised by librarians. Everyday after school Melvin goes to the library to meet with Marge, Betty and Leeola. Melvin loved to read books because he wanted to learn a lot. Melvin had always gone to the library ever since he could see over the front desk. I enjoyed the part where Melvin has just returned from a field trip and had gotten a jar of bugs. He ran to the library and then all of the bugs got out. I really like the book The Boy Who Was Raised by Librarians because of all the excellent details about living in a library. I felt like I was inside the book every times I read it. The book was very exhilarating. I recommend this book for kids 3rd to 6th grade.

E.B., Grade 5, Arcadia Elementary

No comments: