Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Declaration of Independence

Hicks, Terry Allan. The Declaration of Independence. Marshall Cavendish: 2007. ISBN: 978076141351. Ages: 9 - 13.

The book I chose is about the Declaration of Independence. It's about the Battle of Bunker Hill, the committee of five, Thomas Jefferson, George Mason, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, John Hancock and everybody else. It was amazing. I think the art looks real. It's amazing how it looks like you're sitting there watching. I like the colors; they are very pretty colors like pinks, black, white, brown, blues, gray, greens, and all kinds of colors. I like how on one page might be a photograph and the next page a drawing. I liked it a lot. Why? Because it tells about all kinds of important things and all kinds of information. Well, I would recommend the book to 9-13 years of age. Maybe if they like history and stuff like that. I really like page 11. It looks like they are really dead and how many survived.

Reviewed by E.S. Bluffton 5th grade

No comments: