Friday, July 14, 2006

How It Happens at the Fireworks Factory

Rocker, Megan. How It Happens at the Fireworks Factory. Illustrated by Diane and Robert L. Wolfe. Oliver Press, 2004. $19.95. ISBN 1881508978. Ages 4-8.

The book How It Happens at the Fireworks Factory was written in 2004 and was published by the Oliver Press, Inc. The photo credits were taken by Bob and Diane Wolfe. It is how fireworks are made and set up to be fired. The features of this book are captions, like “Stars and Inserts” and “Assembly.” The photos are great, and there is also a glossary in the back of the book so you can understand the words more. If I were to read this I think there should be more writing because some of the pages have five to six words on the page, and the rest is pictures. The text is very big and there are gigantic, descriptive pictures that take up most of the page. So that might mean this book is for younger audiences. I think this book is bad for little kids to read because it teaches them how to make fireworks. I thought it was a wonderful book for people who are interested in making fireworks. Overall, I thought this was a very good and descriptive book, and I would buy it because fireworks interest me.

N. H., Otsego Middle School, Tontogany, Ohio.

No comments: