Thursday, January 15, 2009

Vera's Halloween



Rosenberry, Vera. Vera's Halloween. Henry Holt: 2008. ISBN: 9780805081442.

Vera's Halloween is a story about a girl named Vera. This is the first Halloween that Vera will be trick-or-treating out at night. While Vera is trick-or-treating she loses her family and is lost. While she searches for her family she conquers rain, sleet and snow! I liked some of the artwork. Some of it looked ugly. I really liked the illustrations of the sleet, snow and details. I really liked this book! My favorite part was when she got bat-shaped cookies for Halloween. I think kids between the ages of 6 and 8 years old who like Halloween and candy would really like this book. The 8 year old kids would like the pictures!

K.L. Fourth grade, Elmhurst Elementary School

No comments: