Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Penny and the Punctuation Bee



Donohue, Moira Rose. Penny and the Punctuation Bee. Albert Whitman & Company: 2008. ISBN: 9780807564776.

Penny and the Punctuation Bee is about punctuation marks. They enter a punctuation bee and have to make a sentence. A period named Penny and a question mark named Quentin are in the punctuation bee and beat a show-off girl! The artwork is colorful, bright and amusing to me. This book is really good!. My favorite part is when the person named Penny beats the show-off girl named Elsie. I think kids should buy this book because it's educational, hilarious and has lots of sparkle to it! Kids 7 to 12 years old would like this book.

D.M. Fourth grade, Elmhurst Elementary School

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the great review! I'm glad you liked the rivalry between Penny and Elsie - that was one of the parts I especially liked writing. I hope you also found the punctuation bee a fun way to learn and practice using punctuation.
-- Moira Rose Donohue.
P.S. There are some more fun punctuation activities on my website - www.moirarosedonohue.net.