Friday, May 23, 2014

The Cruisers: Oh, Snap!

The Cruisers:  Oh, Snap!
By Walter Dean Myers
New York : Scholastic Press, 2013, ages 12-18

This story is about how some students at a middle school start a school newspaper called "The Cruiser." A photo in their newspaper stirs up some trouble and may force one of the students to rat the other out.

I enjoyed the author's writing style because it was very thought provoking and made me wonder what I would do if I was in the same situation as the students who created the newspaper were.

The illustration on the cover of the book gives the reader a good idea that this book is going to involve the people of  the newspaper somehow with all of the newspapers in the background.

This book is recommended to anyone who wants to read a story that isn't like a regular one. This story always had me wanting to know what will happen next from chapter to chapter. Overall:  great book!

--review by B. W.

No comments: