Friday, October 19, 2007

Vinnie and Abraham

FitzGerald, Dawn. Vinnie and Abraham. Illustrated by Catherine Stock. Charlesbridge: 2007. ISBN: 9781570916588. Ages: 9 to 13.

Vinnie and Abraham is about a young girl who is very sweet, has lots of friends, and very adventurous. She is very nice and she loves to draw and sing. Her family is very poor. I found that the book was very exciting yet calm. The art in my book is wonderful. I noticed that the illustrator used green a lot. I mostly loved the pictures. Vinnie is very pretty because of the way her hair is and the way it's drawn. The pictures seemed exciting and not at all boring. Because I love to draw and when I tried to draw the pictures it really made the illustrator's picture look a whole lot more exciting. I loved that book. I actually would say it is my favorite picture book. My favorite part was the end. I would say other kids would like it. Maybe around 9 through 13 or 14 is the age of kids that would like it.



Reviewed by S.J. Bluffton 5th grade

No comments: