Friday, August 30, 2013

Krull, Kathleen.  The Beatles Were Fab (and They Were Funny). Harcourt Children's Books. 2013. ISBN: 9780547509914

This book is about the legendary band, the Beatles-how they came up with their name, how they used their sense of humor to keep going, how their first record was produced, and how they got their nickname, etc.  The author's writing style is simple and straightforward and included a lot of interesting facts.  The illustrations are impressionistic in style with nice color and with caricature-type people.  I would recommend this for practically any age group.  I'm 45 and I enjoyed it because I remember a little about the Beatles.  This gave me some interesting little tidbits about them that I wasn't aware of.

Bonnie Kimpling-Kelly, BGSU student

No comments: