Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Alert!

Delessert, Etienne. Alert! Houghton Mifflin Company: 2007. ISBN: 9780618734740. Ages: 1 to 11.

Alert! is about a mole who goes out of his hole and starts gathering marbles from everywhere. While he was heading back to his hole, a stranger came up to him and said "hi." Then the mole invited the stranger into his house. He showed the stranger the marbles. She said she feels sorry for him because there are marble theives everywhere. Then she left and the mole started hiding his marbles everywhere in his hole. Later, he woke up and the marbles were all stolen. Then he came to a note that said "Sorry fool, from stranger." Later on, he came out of his hole and collected more and more and then hid them. I liked the pictures a lot because I liked the colors in them. I love the art. I think the book was very fun. The children from 1-11 would love the illustrations. I give this book 6 stars!

Reviewed by A.T., Bluffton 4th Grade

No comments: