Thursday, November 09, 2006

Fly Little Bird

Tina Burke Fly, Little Bird. Kane/Miller Books 2006 ISBN 1-933605-02-2 $14.95 (Preschool)


Tina Burke’s debut picture book Fly Little Bird is a very delightful story. This fiction story about a little girl and a baby bird captures reader’s attention right from the start. With few words, Burke tells this story with her bright, detailed, adorable animated pictures. Her use of bright, yet subtle color enhances the pictures and brings them to life. Bruke is truly an educated illustrator, as evidenced by her use of shapes, motion and effective use of white space throughout the story.
I thought the book was good. It caught my eye right when I saw it. I fell in love with the pictures. This short, simple, yet fun loving story drew me in instantly. I would definitely recommend this book to teachers, parents, and students.

Heather Meeker, BGSU student

No comments: